FSA Pro make a flying start to 2019


Today FSA Pro took on AFDA in the first league encounter of 2019, and they didn’t disappoint with a fantastic performance and 8 goals to go with it. 


FSA Pro never looked in doubt in today’s game, controlling it from the outset moving the ball well and winning it back at every given opportunity. Just 10 minutes into the game a fantastic cross field ball by Harry Lloyd - Rawson was met by a fantastic first time pass across goal and Theo Sjoberg was on hand to grab the first for FSA. Just 5 minutes later, after some fantastic football Harry Sheffield rounded the keeper to slot home the second. FSA then kept the ball fantastically and went in at half time 2 to the good.


The emphasis at half time was not to step of the gas and keep pushing forward and that is exactly what they did, and we quickly went 3-0 up courtesy of a well worked set piece which Shay Beeby was able to head home. 2 minutes later Harry Sheffield doubled his tally and made it 4 for FSA. Riley Davoile then joined the party by latching onto the end of a Cory Holdom cross this was quickly followed by a second and made it 6-0. However FSA saved the best till last as Yaro Phillips hit two identical strikes into the top corner from 25 yards, giving the AFDA goalkeeper no chance. 


All in all it was a fantastic day at the office for FSA Pro, as they continue on there journey for CAT 1 status.  


Man of the Match: Yaro Phillips

Watch the highlights


Rugby Town - FSA PRO 2-6

Today FSA Pro took on Rugby Town in a league match, and they came away with all 3 points. However it wasn’t all plain sailing for FSA.

The first half begin and FSA Pro started slowly, although Rugby Town are bottom of the league and yet to put a point on the board, they where a good outfit that looked to play out from the back at every opportunity! However it was FSA who took the lead on the 20 minute mark curtesy of a stunning strike from the in form Riley Davoile. But Rugby Town replied quickly and from a long ball FSA where undone and they levelled. 1-1. FSA then started to control the game with the ball and moved it well and it was Riley Davoile again who put FSA in the lead. 2-1. Rugby Town weren’t going with out a fight though and after a lapse in concentration from the FSA goal keeper they levelled and it was 2-2 at the break.

During the half time team talk FSA knew they had to give more of the ball and had work harder for each other, and that is exactly what they did. After just 30 seconds of the second half Jackson Parkin was brought down in the box but to the amazement of everybody on the pitch no penalty was given, however this set the tempo and soon after Riley Davoile got his Hat Trick and made it 3-2. FSA made a few changes and it was rewarded with an immediate impact by substitute Huessein Varis, and with his first touch of the game he headed home from 6 yards and made it 4-2. FSA where in full control and 10 minutes later Riley Davoile got his fourth finishing of a fantastic move and a brilliant cut back by Fidele Kassindi. This was then followed by another flowing attack and this time it was Harry Sheffield who volleyed home from 18 yards. 6-2. FSA then saw out the rest of the game and ran out comfortable winners!


Man of the Match: Riley Davoile


FSA PRO - A2B 4-1


FSA Pro progress to the last 32 of the Cup.


Today saw FSA Pro take on A2B in the cup competition, after last weeks result our boys new a big performance was needed, and that is exactly what they delivered. A2B are a strong physical side, but not only did our Pro boys match them, they excelled on the ball and ran out 4 - 1 winners.


In the first half FSA started strong retaining good possession of the ball, and on the 20 minute mark Riley Davoile struck a free kick of the highest quality into the top corner. FSA stayed on the gas and quickly got a second from a Theo Sjoberg cross which was deflected in off an A2B defender. FSA controlled the tempo of the game and on the stoke of half time Riley Davoile went through again to make it 3 - 0. 


FSA knew from last weeks experience that this team would come out strong in the second half and that is exactly what they did, and they got a goal inside 10 minutes. However our Pro boys stood up to the test this time, and proved what a good side they can be both physically, but more importantly mentally. They showed fantastic character and composure and went on to score a fourth goal, giving Riley Davoile his Hat Trick, and securing the victory for FSA. 4 -1.


Man of the Match: Riley Davoile 




FSA PRO - Leicester College 3-1


In the second fixture of the day FSA took on Leicester college in a friendly fixture but one that proved to be a fantastic test for our lads. Again character was shown when after just 1 minute Leicester College took the early lead. But FSA got back on the ball and dictated the game, through some lovely football which created chance after chance but at half time it was still 1 - 0 to the visitors. 


Much the same was needed in the second half we just had to find that final ball / finish. 


After just 10 minutes Jackson Parkin was able to give us that goal, going through 1 on 1 with the keeper and calmly slotting the ball home. 1 - 1. FSA stayed on the front foot and just 5 minutes later, Fidele Kasindi gave FSA the lead showing lightening pace and composure in front of goal. We continued to dominate possession however Leicester College always looked dangerous on the counter attack and they forced a fantastic save out of our goal keeper John Meadows. FSA needed the next goal and that is exactly what happened through another calm finish by Fidele Kasindi. 3 - 1. FSA then controlled the tempo of the ball in possession and saw the game out. 3 -1 winners. 


Man of the Match: Fidele Kasindi  


A2B - FSA PRO 4-2

FSA Pro loose on the road to Aspire 2 Be Academy. It was a tough afternoon for our boys as they went down 4-2 at A2B. The first half started well for us as we grabbed an early lead through Theo Sjoberg, and then shortly after Bakary Mass doubled our lead. We remained in control for the rest of the half, although Kye Simons was called into action in the dying minutes. 2-0 at half time, but we knew A2B would come out fighting. 


The second half began much the same with our Pro boys on top and 5 minutes into the half we had a great chance on the 6 yard box, but we was unable to convert. A2B then snatched a goal on the counter attack, after some good goalkeeping by there number 1, he came to claim a cross and set up the counter, which allowed A2B back into the game. The game then turned into a bit of a slugging match as both teams failed to get any good possession of the ball. 


Tempers rose during the half and A2B where lucky to still have 10 men on the pitch after there CM slapped Jovan Singh across the face. Unfortunately our boys where unable to shake it off and we quickly went 3-2 down. However FSA managed to re group and took back control of the game, attack after attack was denied by the A2B goalkeeper, and on the 80 minute mark, we had a clear cut opportunity however we was unable to convert. All in all it is a learning curve for our boys today, and one I am sure they will bounce back from as we take on the same opponents next week, but in the Cup competition. 


Man of the Match: Kye Simons