A great year for Fox Soccer Academy is coming to an end. The right time for us to recap everything that happened in 2019 with our programme.
The year ended on a high for our scholars as we took 3 wins from 3 in the final games of the year.
Our Leicester scholars had both Cat 1 and Cat 2 fixtures and came through both fixtures as worthy winners. Beck Ray scored late for our Cat 1 squad as they beat a very defensive Solihul 1-0 and two late goals was enough for 3 points as our cat 2 squad best A2B Academy 3-1 to end a great 2019.
Our London scholars took on Lambeth College in a feisty home Cat 2 game. It was a solid performance from our scholars as they battled hard to take 3 points with a 1-0 victory due to a second half penalty from Aidan Lewis.
Both sites have had a great start to the season and end 2019 in fine form with 7 wins from 7 in all competitions. A Christmas break is definitely needed but we look forward as 2020 will be here soon enough and there is still lots to fight for:
- The boys look to book their place in the last 32 of the ECFA Men’s Knockout Trophy. Last season seen our boys lose in the quarter finals and they are determined to go that step further this season.
- Both leagues are there to win as our Cat 1 squad currently sit joint top with Brookhouse College with both teams having to meet in the second half of the season. Our Cat 2 squad are currently 6 points clear and look to win back it back to back titles in 2020
- The boys have already booked a place in the final 32 of the ECFA Men’s Knockout Trophy but have the chance to get 2 teams through as they replay Borehamwood FC after the break. Last year our Cat 1 squad lost in the final 32 to Borehamwood who went on to win the tournament, so can they go that step further this season.
- Both leagues are also up for grabs as we sit joint top with Bromley FC in the Cat 2. Bromley were the 2018-2019 champions beating us by a point, so it looks to go down to the wire again in 2020. Our Cat 1 squad still have lots to play for as they sit 6th but only only 5 points from a nationals place which was the aim this season. A good start to 2020 and the goal is definitely in sight.
This season has overseen our biggest ever recruitment at scholarship level and with both sites boasting over 100 athletes combined. In 2019 we have taken on massive clubs with rich history, competing against Leicester City FC, Swansea City, Nottingham Forest, Mansfield Town, NAC Breda and below are just some of our accolades:
- ECFA Cat 2 Runners Up (London)
- ECFA Cat 2 Champions (Leicester)
- Opalenica 2019 Champions (London)
- EDP Spring Showcase Platinum cup Winners (Leicester)
- Kedianiai 2019 Cup Winners (Leicester)
Our elite coaches work nonstop to give these boys an opportunity to reach as high as they want. They are pushed every week to excel both on the pitch and in their education and I really want to thank the staff for all their efforts in 2019.
As both of our elite centres closed their gates this week for 2019 (Leicester & London) it was great to see so many talented youngsters enjoying their Christmas party and PUMA giveaway. Over 100 players aged 8-16 turned up to have some fun and I want to wish every single player a merry Christmas. It’s been fantastic to oversee so much talent push themselves every week and the growth in confidence and ability over the last year has just been insane.
I look back on 2019 and it fills me with pride to just talk about the experiences these boys have had and they have stepped to the mark every time.
In London the boys have had recent success against major clubs including Brighton & Hove Albion, Charlton AFC, Norwich City and AFC Wimbledon. We have backed ourselves and played some fantastic football vs the likes of Crystal Palace FC, Tottenham Hotspur and Southampton FC. 2019 also seen our debut in the IDA cup as our boys travelled to York to play games against a different demographic in Wigan Athletic, Sunderland AFC and Hull.
In Leicester our boys have done the same and challenged against teams like Leicester City FC, Derby County, Norwich City, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Peterborough United and Chesterfield FC. These boys also took part in the IDA cup this year and took on some huge opponents in Mansfield Town, Patrick Thistle FC, St Johnstone FC & Hull City.
At both of our academies we push our boys all the way, it’s not about winning and beating opponents, it’s about giving them experience, opportunities and memories that they won’t forget. We bioband our players to make sure they are given the time to adjust and flourish and they are pushed against boys bigger and older than them so they experience difficulty and learn to adjust their game.
I want to thank the parents who see this and believe in us. Without your support it wouldn’t be possible and I really hope you all see the growth in your children and enjoy the ride.
We now look forward to 2020 and there is so much more to give you. We open the doors to our first ever Girls Only Academy, we start with our New Years Cup in Leicester and it will soon be on us that we travel with an army to Barcelona as we take part in this years Nostrum Mare Cup for a brand new experience. With 4 different age groups taking part, we will battle hard to bring home silverware.
Our scholars will fly to Malaga again to close their season in May and this year we take a record number of 55 students as they seek revenge on the Spanish opposition. We continue to work on the plans of taking our elite squad of U19s back to the big Apple as they look to do battle once more across the Atlantic and represent themselves to clubs and opportunities in USA.
We have taken on recent feedback from parents at our elite centre and 2020 will bring you more grassroots games during training sessions so they boys can put practise in place and demonstrate their recent learning. We will also give them more trips during half terms to bigger clubs and still look to take on professional clubs around the areas.
From Christian, myself and all the staff at Fox Soccer Academy and 10Coaching, I want to thank everyone one of you for joining us this year and promise 2020 to be our best on record.
Happy New Year and Happy Holidays!
U.K. Programme Director