top of page

FSA PRO London Move Closer To Back To Back Titles

An away trip this week for FSA PRO London might have proved tricky as they faced a strong Bracknell side that saw the reverse fixture end in a 2-2 draw.

With four games left FSA knew how important a result would be in terms of the league table. With one hand already on the trophy it was a game that would give FSA an all-important cushion. With another strong starting XI for the visitors, it was a game they felt confident with, and this was shown from the start. With plenty of attacks in the final third, a goal line clearance from Bracknell and tactical fouls in the opening 15 minutes showed the intent from FSA. The opener came inside 20 minutes, Mark Soares found space down the left to chip in a delicate ball to top goal scorer Kenny Bellamingle for 1-0.   Ten minutes later again Mark Soares involved as his cross travelled to the back post to an unmarked Lee Quincey who’s first shot was blocked but smartly followed up for 2-0. Plenty of positives from the first half and not much for keeper Ciaran Rough to do. An early booking for dissent for Bracknell’s midfielder led them to be down to 10 men for a short period of time which allowed the opener for FSA. The half time score 2-0.

FSA came out the blocks in the same fashion as the first half. High pressing and full of energy they looked for the killer goal. A tactical foul by Tom Meredith stopped a break away for Bracknell who almost caught FSA on the counter. Shortly after it was Bracknell’s turn to go into the book but this time a straight red for serious foul play. Nothing to argue about regarding the challenge on FSA number 10 Charlie Sisarello.

Less than 3 minutes later FSA striker George Hughes danced his way into the box and chopped down by Bracknell defender. No questions asked it was converted by the man himself George Hughes for 3-0 and FSA were cruising to victory. It soon became goal number four when Henry Sisarello was taken down just outside the box. It was time for Mark Soares to use his Brazilian flair to whip the ball up and over the wall into the top right corner, 4-0! A lapse in concentration saw Bracknell nick a consolation which left keeper Ciaran Rough annoyed. The remaining 20 minutes of the game saw George Hughes score his brace in the 70th minute to make it 5-1. Topped off with Lee Quincey trying his luck from distance and luck it was seeing it bounce in front of the keeper and through his legs, 6-1.

A very professional performance from FSA on a day they could of easily let the occasion get to them. With three games to play and two being against sides in the bottom half…it’s looking promising for the CAT 1 current champions.

Full Time: Bracknell Town 1-6 FSA PRO London

Man Of The Match: Lee Quincey

22 views0 comments
bottom of page