Litchfield - FSA PRO, Friendly Match

Updated: Aug 1, 2019

FSA were in good spirits on the journey down to the immaculate McDonalds Community Stadium to play Litchfield, a team who have provided excellent opposition in previous fixtures, which added extra excitement to the game and both sides did not disappoint.

FSA started with an attacking line up and began the game well. Kassindi, Mass and Varis all linking well to create several chances but failing to take them. The first half was quite even, with both teams passing the ball around but with little accuracy or purpose, causing many transitions and counter attacking opportunities for both sides. The turn-over of possession was causing the midfield of FSA some trouble, their shape, especially Bennett and Marriot, playing far too high up the pitch, leaving the centre of the pitch exposed during the counter attack in favour of Litchfield.

The game continued in the same manner, but towards the end of the first half, Jones was caught in a tackle which forced him off with an ankle injury, meaning a rejig of the FSA formation with Ellis Haines entering the pitch on the left wing. Within seconds of the restart, a nice interchange of passes between Kassindi and Haines, saw the later fire the ball into the back of the net with a neat finish into the bottom left corner, putting FSA 1 – 0 up.

Litchfield responded with their own well taken goal, a switch of play onto the left-hand side of the pitch, saw their left winger collect the ball and drive down the line, only to faint one way and cut inside, giving him space to curl a lovely shaped shot around the despairing dive of Meadows into the far corner of the net. This goal lifted Litchfield who now started to build pressure only for the referee to blow the whistle for half time.

After a lengthy chat at half time and a discussion with the FSA midfield about their shape, FSA started the half in superb fashion, with Haines playing as the sitting midfield player and Marroit and Mass either side. The team started to show more confidence on the ball, with quicker passing and a real desire to express themselves in the way we know they can. The back five of Meadows (GK), Shephard, Challinor, Ali and Chawner were all solid and defended resolutely.

FSA carved out several chances in this half and should have made the score line more comfortable, with Mass sliding Kassindi in several times, only for the GK to pull off several good stops. Eventually FSA scored a deserved second with Kassindi scoring with a simple finish and then adding a second for himself from the penalty spot.

FSA made several changes in the second half, with Hatcher, Moosa and Taylor entering the pitch, all of whom contributed to the solid second half performance. Creating numerous opportunities to extend the winning margin but failing to do so.

A well-deserved win in the end, but plenty to reflect on for the next game, and hopefully replicate the second half for a whole 90 minutes.

Final Score: 1-3

Man of the Match – Fidele Kassindi

23 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All