top of page

FSA PRO London Held To A Draw

FSA Pro London still remain unbeaten in the ECFA CAT 1 and top the table at Christmas as they draw with Kinetic Academy.

It was the match that both teams had been looking forward to after last week's clash where FSA Pro had come out on top, this time Kinetic came back with an even bigger point to prove. The game started with a ferocious intensity both teams wanting to get an early foothold in the game. FSA Pro were managing to stop Kinetics' technical play by being disciplined in their shape and pouncing on any mistakes made. This worked well and FSA created a couple of half chances but couldn’t create anything clear cut. The first goal of the game did come from FSA Pro when a pass out from the midfield by Lee Quincey was brought down excellently by Denzel Akyeampong who then beat two players and found the bottom corner. FSA taking the lead on 22nd minute. The game then went up and down but FSA’s ability to defend managed to keep out the Kinetic attacks and took them into half time with the lead at 1-0.

The second half was full of action, with both teams battling hard to find the win. It proved to be a good start for kinetic as they managed to find a way through our defence and leveled the scores 10 minutes into the second half. FSA Pro reacted well to conceding and carried on pursuing a second. The next threat on goal was a Kinetic free kick which Thierri Manley managed to cover ground and collect into his hands. A dangerous attack by FSA Pro was rewarded by a corner. Lee Quincey again delivering onto the head Jakob El-Hage who guided the ball into the bottom corner to return the lead. FSA Pro used this momentum to really kick on. Kinetic looked to be against the ropes, as chances fell for Charlie Sissarello, Dom Fisher and Cameron Ashia who all failed to kill the game off. As the clock ran down a change in shape for FSA Pro looked to secure the result but on the 84th minute Kinetic managed to level the scoring and once again bring the scores to a draw. Our final chances fell to George Hughes who by our bad luck managed to hit the crossbar from a header then after beating the keeper to a long pass chipped it over the keeper only for it to bounce longingly towards the far post and hit the underside of the bar and cleared away.

The game finished with the scores being level, a competitive and high standard fixture throughout saw the points fairly shared. FSA Pro London do still remain top of the ECFA CAT 1 league with a game in hand. The last league action for our CAT 1 squad before a well-deserved Christmas break.

Full Time:

FSA PRO London 2

Kinetic Academy 2

Man of the match: Denzel Akyeampong

8 views0 comments


bottom of page