top of page

FSA PRO Starts New Campaign with a Big Bang

Our Leicester CAT 1 squad travelled to local rivals FSD on Wednesday afternoon to get their league campaign started. From previous years the team around Aiden Kirby knew that this could be a hard fought affair. However, our boys delivered the game plan to a T.

The team started on the front foot, and inside 30 seconds we had our first chance after a great cut back from Aaron Nuttall found Suhaib Gunnan 6 yards out. Unfortunately, he wasn’t able to convert, but this would be just one of many chances he would have in the game. After creating 10 plus chances inside the first 20 minutes, it took a deep corner from Harry Hawkins that found the head of Harry Smith to open the scoring. This was a sign of things to come as FSA looked in the mood for goals!

The Foxes continued to dominate the ball, and their combinations and comfort on the ball playing out from the back were exquisite. The decision making from our midfielders helped create chance after chance for our forward line. It was in 32 minutes when Suhaib Gunnan doubled the score after a perfectly weighted pass from Joe Kerins. Just before half time, the team was able to make it 3-0 as Aaron Nuttall calmly finished into the bottom corner. It was 3-0, but we knew that we had to be more clinical in front of goal for the second period.

The second half began and that is exactly what happened, it took just 1 minute to find the 4th goal as Joseph Opoku went down the left-hand side and fired a cross low into the box which was turned in by the FSD defender. Then 1 minute later it was Nuttall and Gunnan who combined again to make it 5-0, after Charley Kilburn won the ball back in midfield, we were able to get the ball out wide and deliver with quality, that found the feet of Gunnan to slot home.

Soon after, it was Harry Smith again to double his tally. After a great through ball by Louis Hart, he was able to compose himself to slot into the bottom corner. 6-0 for FSA PRO and the team was running riot. Joe Kerins then got in on the act and made it 7-0, after another bit of nice play down our left-hand side Brodie Stewart was on hand to cut the ball back across the goal to find the feet of Kerins.

After bursting through the FSD defence, Gunnan was able to round the keeper and side foot the ball home to make the game 8-0 and mark his personal hat trick. Gunnan then made it 9-0 with his 4th of the afternoon, after a great bit of pressing from substitute Sam Carroll, the boys were able to work the ball into the centre of the box for Gunnan to slot home. The 10th goal came soon after, and was probably the pick of the bunch as Louis Hart found the top corner from 25 yards. This was a welcome goal for him after returning from a lengthy injury. FSA PRO then round the afternoon of with the 11th goal by Jack Gunn, who calmly finished in of the post in the last few seconds of the game.

Overall, it was a very satisfying victory for FSA against our local rivals, but they know it is just the start for them and they must maintain their high standards if they want to go far in the league and cup this season.

275 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page