top of page

Showcase Game in Front of 33 Professional Club Scouts

Both of our FSA Pro sites travelled to the home of English Football today to take part in a showcase fixture in front of numerous professional clubs. With both teams into the Quarter Final of the National Cup, it was set to be the most competitive fixture the two sites have ever had, and that is exactly what it proved to be.

In windy conditions, FSA London kicked with it in the first half, and they took full advantage! Starting on the front foot they put FSA Leicester under a huge amount of pressure and stopped them settling into their usual passing rhythm. It took FSA London just 9 minutes to break the deadlock after George Hughes got on the end of a low cross from Dom Fisher. This was nothing short of what they deserved for their fast start. It then took 10 minutes for the game to settle down, and for any team to have any kind of foot hold in it. On the half hour mark, FSA Leicester began to find their rhythm and were able to play through midfield and into the front 3. However, the back 4 of FSA London stood firm and didn’t allow FSA Leicester many chances in front of goal. Half time came and FSA London lead 1-0.

With a change of ends came a change of formation for FSA Leicester, and with that the momentum began to swing. FSA Leicester began to dominate the ball and managed to carve out 3 good chances in the opening 10 minutes of the 2nd half. It was on the 55 minute mark when FSA Leicester got the equaliser after a calm finish from Joe Kerins. FSA Leicester continued to apply pressure and eventually took the lead in minute 70 after a calm finish from Aaron Nuttall. The game was far from over. FSA London didn’t give up and came out fighting, hitting Leicester on the break, and creating good chances for themselves. And in the 80th minute they where rewarded for their hard work by being awarded a penalty, which Cameron Ashia calmly put into the bottom corner.

With 10 minutes to go it was end to end. In the 92nd minute, FSA Leicester produced a corner in their favor which was brilliantly delivered by Joseph Opoku. Tom Coates was on hand to tap in at the back post to make it 3-2 to FSA Leicester with the last action fo the game. It topped off what was a brilliant game by both teams.

Every single player that took to the pitch today should be proud of their efforts, in not only showcasing themselves, but showcasing Fox Soccer Academy as a whole.

We look forward to hearing what the pro clubs have to say, and if they would like to take any of the players in for a trial. Congratulations to all involved!

88 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page